Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- An Object Oriented Programming(OOP) is an modular approach,which allows the data to be applied within stipulated program area.
- It also provide Reusability feature to develop productive logic,which means to emphasis on data
Feature of Object Oriented Programming-
- It gives stress on the data items rather than function.
- It makes the complete program/problem simpler by dividing it into a number of objects.
- The objects can be used as a bridge to have data flow from one function to another.
- You can easily modify the data without any change in the function.
There are following object oriented programming concepts in Java-
- Object is a Unique entity,which contains data and functions(Characteristics and behaviour)together in an Object Oriented Programming(OOP)Language.
- Class is a group of similar types of objects,which possesses same attributes and behaviour.
- It also defines the abstract characteristics of an object,including characteristics(its attributes,fields or properties) and the behaviours(the things it can do,or nethods,operation or features).
- We can also say that class is a blueprint or factory that describes the nature of an object.
- Abstraction refers to an act of representing essential features without including background details
- Class Encapsulates the data item and functions to provide abstraction.
- Wrapping of data and function in a single unit kown as Encapsulation.
- In order to keep the data secured from outer interference they are grouped along with the function available in the class.Such grouping does not allow the data to be accessed outside the class.
- Insulation of data,that does not allow it to be accessed directly outside the class premises,although they are available in the same program,is known as 'Data Hiding'.
- Creating a new class by inheriting the property of existing class is known as inheritance.
- It provides code reusability.
- Polymorphism is the process of using a function for more than one purposes.
- It allows the use of different internal structure of the object by keeping the same external interface.
- Dynamic Binding is the process to link the functional call with function signature at run-time i.e. during execution of a program.