How to factory reset a Windows 7 without a CD
Formatting or modifying a process is the process of restoring a drive to a newly installed state. So if your laptop is running slow or you want to give your laptop to someone without sharing your data, you can easily install it in a few minutes without disk. It takes a series of steps to format the laptop completely.
- After formatting, you can enjoy as much storage space as possible as storage is available without interruptions or modified the settings that could slow down your laptop.
- This is done by deleting all the data at that point on the drive partition when setting up the file system compatible with the app that saves a few of your data.
- Deleted data formatting process erased forever. So if you want to keep safe and save data back to an external prior to the start of the process.
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset Windows 7 to Factory Settings without Install Disc:
- Step 1: Click Start, then select Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- Step 2: Select Backup and Restore displayed on the new page.
- Step 3: After selecting backup and restore window, click on the Recover system settings or your computer.
- Step 4: Select Advanced recovery methods.
- Step 5: Two options will be displayed on the screen "Restore files from a system image backup" and "Return Your Computer to Factory Condition". Click on the second option "Return Your Computer to Factory Condition".
- Step 6: Now again you have two option first is to create a Back up now and the second option is to skip it and continue the factory reset without backing up any of your current files. If you don't want any backup, then you can skip). So click accordingly.
- Step 7: Click the Restart button to reboot your computer and to start the factory reset process.
You window will shut down and after a few minutes it will start again. After that a new notification will appear (System Recovery option) asking you to select a keyboard input method. Click 'Next'
After that, again three options will appear ('Select Restore Type'):
- Restore operation system to factory default.
- Restore operating systems and Retain user data (You still have the option to restore your data)
Select the first option 'Restore operation system to factory default'. Then click 'Next' and again 'Next' and at last 'Ok'.
You may also like: